We love to make people happy! We’ve been doing this for many years as dance instructors, and at La Candela we offer classes, workshops and entertainment in Salsa Cubana (Cuban-style salsa) and Rueda de Casino in Malmö. We want to share our love of the Cuban social dances Salsa (also called Casino, danced in couples or solo) and Rueda de Casino (danced in groups) and share our knowledge and experience of the dances.
La Candela is run by Louise and Karam, who are the main instructors.
We have taught at various levels (from beginner to advanced) since 2014, and our students appreciate us, among other things, for:
- Our teaching method. We’re skilled in explaining and showing steps and figures in a clear, and easy-to-understand way. We use a proven structure and method that we know works.
- Our enthusiasm and joy is genuine and very contagious 🙂 – our students get inspired and motivated to learn, have fun and make progress.
- We are known for creating a friendly and pleasant atmosphere in our classes, which creates a nice social community in the group. Many of our students make new friends among their classmates.
- All students get access to videos showing the dance figures from the lessons so that they can review them afterwards and practice on their own.
- The music! We place emphasis on choosing songs that are suitable to the course level/ style, that are popular and actually get played by DJs on the social dance floors (not just during classes). Cuban salsa (Timba) music is rich in rhythms and melodies that make us dream ourselves away to sunny Caribbean beaches and hot Latin American dance nights. A lot of people who start dancing salsa eventually discover the wonderful music and get hooked on it.
Since we ourselves are very active social dancers, and are involved in the latin dance scene in Skåne, you’ll find us often on the dance floor where we share our dance- and music experience and our joy of dancing.
You’re most welcome to dance with us at La Candela!